Monday, February 8, 2010

Gone with the Ugandan Wind


My bags finally made it here after taking an extended holiday in London. Fresh clothes can do wonders for the soul. I have now stuffed as many if them as I can into Charlie's backpack as we are leaving Kampala for 3 days to go and work at the birthing center in Kasana. I am told I will be attending some births which reminds of the scene in "Gone with the Wind" where Mamie exclaims, "I don't know nothin' bout birthing no babies." Then again, maybe I do. I will dig deep down into my personal bags and try to retrieve those treasured memories. I will take them with me and wear them every second that I am there.

I will not be able to blog while there, but I will return to Kampala in 3 days bursting with things to share I am sure. Please stay tuned. I am grateful to you all for witnessing my journey. Much love, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment