Monday, February 1, 2010

3 Days and Counting...





Elizabeth Stone wrote that "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

I leave for Uganda in 3 days, but a large part of my heart will stay here in Bend.

"Mom, today a friend asked me what you do for a job. I told her you raise money to build schools and stuff in Africa. I felt really proud saying that about you. What you're doing is really cool."
~ Will

"I think it's really cool that you just came up with this idea to help people and you got it done."
~ Charlie

"Yeah, Mom. You're not like other mothers. You're one of a kind."
~ Caroline

I am not cool or one of a kind, but I am very, very lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,

    The children of Uganda will be lifted to a higher place because of you - bless you and your amazing endeavor! We look forward to hearing about your work!

    Dana Cress

    ReplyDelete