Sunday, May 29, 2011





"Life is not a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

We rafted the Nile today. I had intended to sit this one out. I reasoned that one time down the Nile in one lifetime was enough. I should know myself better. There was an adventure to be had, there were other people ready to enjoy it, and I did not want to be left standing on the shore safe and dry. All I can say now is, "WOW--What a Ride!" After a series of class 4's and 5's, I felt both exhilarated and exhausted. My body was full of adrenaline, fear, Nile water, and probably a few parasites. I was ready to get my feet back on solid ground.

It is hard for me to find my solid ground here i Uganda. I feel like I am being carried on a fast current. Everyone talks about Africa time as moving so slowly. For me, it is moving at warp speed. I have been looking forward to this trip for so long, basically since the day I left Uganda 15 months ago. Now I only have 2 days left. I have no idea what comes next. When will I be able to return? Where is all of this leading me? All I can do is hold on tight and enjoy the ride. What a ride it is.....

xo, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment